CLO #1

“Acknowledge your and others’ range of linguistic differences as resources, and draw on those resources to develop rhetorical sensibility”

In this course we have learnt a few ways of getting sources to get information, and to verify the credibility of the information. To find the correct information that will appeal to the readers, I must first learn what is the background of my audiences, their linguistic range, their experiences and expectations. Learning the audiences range will help me develop a plan to collect right information and right rhetorical sensibility. 

During the class we learnt to identify hateful groups or fishy webs. For example, the Indo-European. eu website. In the surface, the website is talking about linguistic and European stuffs, but gradually you will find out they are promoting something else through their biased genetic, linguistic methods. Such kind of websites are untrustworthy to get informations.

Also audiences analysis can help with understanding the reader’s linguistic ranges.